Tuesday 4 November 2008

Harvest Moon

A few weeks ago I had a comment from a very lovely lady known as Freebirdsings, whose blogging about the Bead Journal Project was instrumental in getting me into, not only fibre art but also, blogging. We agreed that it would be fun to do a one for one ATC swap and today Timaree's (her real name) beautiful ATC arrived here.
It was a very pretty package and inside was
this very lovely ATC. The card is called "Harvest Moon" and I am in awe of the tiny beading that Timaree has worked all the way round the edge of this ATC and isn't the beading round the moon lovely? I do love those irridescent beads. The back of the card is a beautiful soft suede which is very strokeable. How did you know that I love the moon, Timaree? When my late (previous) husband was alive he used to have a large telescope for stargazing. When the moon was too bright to watch the stars we would focus on the moon. The telescope brought the moon in so close that you felt you could almost step into the craters. It was absolutely beautiful. Thank you Timaree for your beautiful card, I have it on my cupboard so I can enjoy it. I do hope your ATC reaches you soon.
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Timaree said...

I'm glad you like it. The photo came out just fine.

Susan Lenz said...

Hi!
I just returned home from six weeks at the MacNamara Foundation to find an enormous pile of picture framing for me to work on. I've been cutting mats for two days...except for a break to post on my blog and to go to the voting booth. This evening, however, I told Steve that I absolutely HAD to finally read a few blogs and leave some comments on several...especially on those written by people who sent me such wonderful comments of support and encouragement while I was away. So....THANK YOU EVER SO MUCH! Being around a group of high educated, very articulate, and totally accomplished, professional artists can be a bit intimidating. The comments I received were truly my support and encouragement. The experience was amazing. I've learned so much about art but also about myself. I also learned how much I love receiving blog comments! Again, THANKS!

Now...your workspace images really make me smile. The studio area at the MacNamara Foundation was totally spotless. Everything had a place and was always in its place. I could conform for six weeks but I learned that my natural habitat is actually quite a mess! I love it that way! My studio is....well....a dedicate space for art. Thus, I, too, can leave my embellisher and sewing machine out and allow fabric and threads to get spread out over the floor! It's great that way! Also, I love the photos from Scotland. My son Mathias is in Scotland this weekend! His girlfriend is from outside Glasgow. She dances for Birmingham Royal Ballet too. Thanks for sharing them!
Susan

Mrs Moog said...

What a lovely card and that beading is so beautifully done.

It's also lovely that it evokes such good memories for you :-)

xxx

The WestCountryBuddha said...

How delightful! Lucky old you. I've just been reading Idaho Beauty's Blog and she's been making cards too. It seems to take a long time though - longer than you'd think, and I haven't got round to trying them yet. I was thinking maybe, small cards might sell at exhibitions? Maybe I shall have a go!

artisbliss said...

Beautiful, beautiful.

Genie said...

a Beautiful ATC Julie,

Gina said...

How beautiful!

Robin Mac said...

What a beautiful card. Aren't you so lucky, I am sure that will take pride of place for a very long time. Cheers, Robin

Mrs Mac said...

What the? I just left a comment and it just swallowed it up and disappeared it!!! LOL!

Yhis ATC is exquisite. WOnderful stitiching! I am just starting to look into the world of ATCs...

Julie, Dilly is going bonkers over your parcel!!!!!

Sue Wild said...

Hi Julie
Just linked to your blog from the Embellisher Yahoo Group message. Lovely site, and what a gorgeous ATC.

Best Wishes

Sue W from Yorkshire

Dot said...

Gorgeous ATC from Timaree Julie. I didn't know Freebirdsings name was Timaree - very nice to know as I admire her art and love her comments.