Saturday 17 May 2008

Barnsdale

As I haven't any new art work that I can show you I thought I would post a few more pics of Barnsdale Gardens from Monday. The gardens were beautiful and, because the plants are not yet in their full growth, it was possible to see some things that would otherwise be covered by vegetation. (You can see my previous visit to Barnsdale here).


I think this sculpture may have been made from an old immersion tank.



This sculpture is one of several in this style in the gardens. In the background you can see ferns and gunneras which are only just beginning to get going this season.




These beautiful reflections are in a pond which is normally shrouded by Gunneras. The pond is also home to some lovely plump tadpoles.




I don't know what these plants are called but I liked the shadows that the spiky plants are throwing across the pads.


Posted by Picasa

I took a chance with this photograph as I couldn't see what I was taking - I just pointed the camera up into the flower and Voila!

No comments: