Saturday 18 August 2007

The Arrival of the Queen of Sheba!


Well, not quite! But my mum has come to stay for a while. We were really lucky as a coach company local to her in Essex (yes, I'm originally an Essex girl, lol) was running a trip up to Barnsdale Gardens near Rutland Water so she was able to come up with them and it wasn't far for me to go and pick her up. I went down to Barnsdale early-ish so that I could have a good look round and take some pics. I find that if I wait until later in the day to set out (mum was expecting to get to the gardens for about 2.30) I get tired before I start and find it really difficult to set out. I managed to get down to the gardens for about 11.30 and had a leisurely time wandering about and relaxing after yesterday. There were lots of wonderful textures in the gardens as you can see in these pix:

























I loved the reflections in this ball, particularly the way the stones reflect - I'm in there somewhere!
There were quite a few sculptures around the gardens in the style of this lady lurking in the undergrowth:
The sculptor is Lily Sawtell and she hails from Somerset.

This little guy was on guard in one of the garden "rooms". I would have liked to experiment with his chains for rust dying!








And finally here are the beautiful gifts Gina sent me- arn't I a lucky girl?

No comments: