Saturday 18 August 2007

More of the FOQ

I thought I would post one or two more details from my day out on Thursday, specifically details of one or two of the quilts. Unfortunately I do not have details of whose work they are so I hope that everyone will respect the artist's copyright (I hope I am not breaking it by posting here).

This is a small part of a much larger piece and I love the colours that have been used and the textures created by the treatment of the fabric which has been slashed.





Jo Budd's work that I mentioned yesterday is also worthy of another mention. Her colours are wonderfully subtle and again she creates wonderful textures with her use of dyes and stitch:

So far I have not use machine stitching in my own work and Jo Budd's work inspires me to take hand stitching further.


I realised after some time that, dotted about the exhibition were small quilts exhorting you, in different languages, not to touch the quilts. I particularly liked this one in chinese:



I'm not sure what the significance of the bat is though.
Sorry but I don't think blogger is playing tonight and the pix won't enlarge.



No comments: