Thursday 19 May 2011

On the Plus Side

Despite the sadness of today there was one highlight that made the day easier to bear.  My lovely stepdaughter came up for the day and we had a few hours to enjoy her company.

Don't let the photo fool you, she wasn't in Australia!  I am very proud to call this beautiful girl my daughter and I'm probably embarrassing the heck out of her with this post but, what the heck! Sometimes things just have to be said! :-)  Thank you L for making today easier.

While I have not been getting much done I have been finding a few minutes every day to hand quilt my Journal Quilt for the Contemporary Quilt Group.  No photos yet but I almost have the four required quilts finished in time for the deadline of 31 May.  I just have to face all four.  I've not faced a quilt before so this will be a new adventure.  Fortunately Laura and Linda Kemshall have a  video tutorial on their Design Matters site so I hope to be able to make full use of that. 

Time I went and stitched a bit more.  See you soon and thank you again for all your warm words.


12 comments:

Emma said...

You're lucky to have such support. That L & L Kemshall site is fabulous. I'd love to subscribe one day but the info & freeviews you get when not a menber are v good.

mrsnesbitt said...

Just catching up Julie xxxxxx When you fancy a cuppa give me a shout xxx ((((HUGS))))

Timaree said...

That's great you got to see her. Good luck on getting the quilts done in time.

ju-north said...

She looks lovely! Pleased you had a good time with her. x

Angela said...

Aaaahhhh sounds like the perfect day.

Gina said...

It sounds as though you gave Grace a lovely send off Julie. And how special to sppend time with your step daughter. Things will slowly get back to normal. x

JP said...

glad you are coping Julie - take care

pam said...

It is lovely that your stepdaughter was able to come and lovely to hear how close you are. Sounds as though Grace would have enjoyed her send off and be proud of all her friends. Look forward to seeing all those finished projects! Take time for yourself now it is important.

liniecat said...

I also said farewell to a dear friend yesterday, so my empathy is with you.
My eyeds are all puffy today lol
Enjoy the fond memories of Grace and her friendship

Heather said...

So glad the day went well and that you had plenty of loving support. Enjoy finishing your quilt - looking forward to seeing it.

Linda Vincent said...

So sorry I'm late getting in touch Julie.
Grace was very lucky to have you for a friend..... and I'm sure your life was richer for knowing her. Sounds like you did her proud.
Look after yourself and enjoy the sewing....can't wait to see the results.
xx

LOVE STITCHING RED said...

Your daughter is beautiful x