Wednesday 16 September 2009

This and That

Some weeks ago I showed you the Little Gems that I won at the Festival of Quilts. I decided that I would adapt one of them to use everyday when I'm sewing and turned it into a small pot to collect all my cut threads that usually end up on the floor.
~


~
The pot was quite simple to make. I took the Little Gem and put it right sides together and hand sewed with an overstitch (whip stitch?) and then flattened the sides out and squared the corners off so that the pot would stand up. I'm really pleased with the pot and it makes a very attractive addition to my sewing area instead of sitting in a drawer. Also it's collecting a wonderful array of threads which I'm going to use initially to decorate some paper beads I've been making.
~


~
I had a panic at the beginning of the week and set to to make this Ruby Doll for my niece's birthday which I thought was this week. Having made this little lady I realised this morning that her birthday is next week! Doh! Oh well, at least I'm ahead of the game. All I've got to do now is remember to post it! (It's ok, I don't think by brother and his family are into blogs. fingers crossed anyway. My niece is too young to read blogs but hopefully not too young to enjoy my Ruby Doll).

3 comments:

mycuriousteaparty said...

Hello Julie from one to another

Your Ruby doll is just perfect, I'm sure that your niece will adore her she will tuck her under her arm (like little ones do) and love her.

Angela said...

A pot to collect your thread ends in- how organised of you, I just drop them on the floor and then hoover. It is very pretty though.
Your Ruby Doll is very sweet I'm sure your neice will love it.

Gina said...

I'm sure your neice will love her Ruby Doll!