Tuesday 2 September 2008

TAST

Please excuse me if I'm a bit terse today but I am not feeling too well and I'm not sure whether it's my usual problem or whether I've picked up a virus. Either way I had a couple of fainty turns yesterday and I feel washed out today so I shall be brief.
~
I haven't a lot to show in the way of craftyness but I have been trying to catch up on my Take a Stitch stitches over on Stitching Fingers. The latest three are shown below and are pretty much self-explanatory. I bought the base cloth in a charity (op) shop a couple of weeks ago and thought its open weave would be ideal for doing these stitches on. Unfortunately it's a bit of a bright colour and doesn't photograph too well, it doesn't go with many colour either........

I really like featherstitch and I'm sure there are lots of other variations I could use.
I didn't know fly stitch at all before this exercise but I can see it has lots of possibilities. There is a lot more yellow in the original colours of these threads, blame my laptop.
I know I could exploit this stitch much more but I was tired when I did it so more work required.
Posted by Picasa
I have been given 2 blog awards but I will post them later as I am off for a little snooze zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Ooh! I just have to say, thank goodness Gustav was bad enough but not the terrible disaster everyone was dreading. My thoughts are with all those who now have to deal with its aftermath.

10 comments:

Gina said...

Hope you feel better soon Julie.

sharon young said...

Sorry to hear you're feeling poorly, hope it clears up soon.
Lovely stitch samples, feather is a favourite of mine, but I always forget how to do it, that's really sad isn't
it :-)

Genie said...

Hope you are feeling better soon?

The WestCountryBuddha said...

Aw sorry to hear you're not feeling well at the moment. Hope it's over quickly. Perhaps a break will help. Big hug x Annabel

Lorie McCown said...

I love the orange! the stitches are a nice way to give it a try too..hope you feel better soon.

silverpebble said...

Sorry you're feeling rather poorly - hope the stitching helped - or did you do it before you started to feel unwell? I love that feather stitch = I had heard of fly stitch but not feather - really pretty! Hope you're feeling OK now.

Mrs Moog said...

Sorry you're feeling poorly Julie and I do hope you feel better very soon.
I love your stitching and the feather stitch is particularly lovely. I can see you doing all sorts of things with those!

xxx

Digitalgran said...

I hope you will be feeling better soon Julie.

DeeMom said...

Rest and get better

I like the colors you are using with this project

Frances said...

Julie I hope you are feeling better now, I like your tast stitches, I have done fly and cross on the same sample, I took a photo but still haven't posted it on my blog perhaps tonight seeing yours has nudged me, have a great holiday, Frances