Sunday 9 December 2007

Dotee again



I thought you might like to meet my new friend. Well actually she is going to be CCs new friend in New York. (CC is a cyber friend of my DH who he met through Toadgames, a free games site) This dotee is made with fabric which I needle felted on the embellisher. I then had the bright idea of attaching the yarn round the edge before I put the face and beads on . Take my advice, don't do it this way! All the while I was sewing on the face and beads I was getting hooked up in wispy fibres. It did not do my temper any good at all! I wonder why it is that every face I do turns out differently? This little dotee looks very serene.

I have been busy with something else too but I can't show it just yet.

After all the excitement of the bikers this morning we had a thrilling couple of hours writing Christmas cards (bah humbug, not my favourite job) and then decided to get a breath of fresh air and go for a walk, despite a bit of drizzle. Unfortunately, I had exhausted my trusty camera photographing said bikers so I have to direct you to my DH's blog for his version of events with pictures.

I can now show you this postcard which I made for a one to one swap with Kate North. As Kate works mostly with fabrics I decided to work in mixed media and paint. I started with texture paste, a little mulberry bark and metallic mesh and tyvek. I painted this all in white with a touch of blue and then attached some dried grasses and babies breath and a leaf which I had painted with copper acrylic paint. This was all dabbed with white paint again and some parts were highlighted with gold. When all was dry I decided the composition lacked something and added the rowan leaf which I had also painted in copper. The card is stuck onto a piece of blue-painted watercolour paper which I think just sets off the whiteness of the whole thing.


2 comments:

DeeMom said...

WOW on both the Dotee and the card

lovely

DeeMom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.