I've finished my book cover made with the fabric paper that I made for the Fibre & Stitch challenge. I say "finished", I am not overly happy with it as i would have liked to make a better job of the edging and I don't like the frilly ribbons I've included which were supposed to be used as bookmarks. I would do this differently next time. At least it got me using my new sewing machine. After I had painted the fabric and applied Treasure Copper I painted it with two coats of slightly watered down PVA (which I read somewhere is the equivalent of mod podge) which has made it look almost leather-like. I am now using it as a cover for my Cornish Journal but will replace that with a blank journal next time we go on holiday.
No, he's not dead (Thank God!) he's busy photographing some fungi that have sprouted up on the front lawn! I hope noone's called an ambulance! *LOL*
I had a proper play with the new sewing machine yesterday and feel a little more confident about using it.
Most of the stitches on the machine seem to be variations on zigzag but there are several options for edging stitches. I had a little go at Free Machining but I didn't get on very well as I didn't have a hoop. My dear friend Lynda has sent me some tips to help so I will try again as soon as I get a hoop. Thank you Lynda!