Tuesday 19 May 2009

Batik Display


~
This is the beautiful batik which we went to see yesterday at Corby Glen. The display is the work of Barbara Melling and her students who meet at Barbara's studio near Skegness on the Lincolnshire coast. The vessels and bowls in the foreground of the photo above incorporate tissue and wax and found objects. The largest bowl at the top is lined with beautiful silk scarves and the wire across the top has been wrapped in a very fine bead encrusted red wire.
~
~
You can see how vibrant the colours are from the scarves above.

~


~
I really like the green scarf in the photo above, even though green is not usually my colour. The lamps are lovely too and I'm sure would give a lovely soft light in a room setting.

~

This was a beautiful exhibition and I didn't realise that this learning resource was so relatively close to my home. It would be very tempting to treat myself to an overnight stay and a workshop. Hmmmmmmm!

Posted by Picasa


2 comments:

Gina said...

The work looks beautiful - such vibrant colours

Heather said...

I have had such a job persuading this ***** machine to let me leave a comment that I'm not quite sure which post I'm actually on now. The batiks are glorious - such glowing colours. Hope the bear isn't homesick - what a wonderful way for small children to learn about life in other countries.