Monday 27 October 2008

ATCs

As I have been away I don't currently have any craftiness to show you. However, I realised that I haven't yet posted the ATC I made with one of the blanks Kate sent me. The block arrived unadorned and I added stitch and a few embellishments. I've sent it back to Kate and I think she liked it.

~


~

This ATC was sent to me by Jacqueline in a one for one swap. My ATC is currently winging its way to her so no photo here.




My photo does not do this ATC justice as it has a lovely shimmer to it from the organza and sparkly fabric. The mesh fabric is more yellow than brown.

~

I was going to blog how excited I am to have bought and received Julia Caprara's book "Exploring Colour" but my excitement has been tempered by the news that this highly talented artist died on Friday. I never met nor took classes with Julia but I have admired her work from the first time I saw it at the Festival of Quilts the first time I went. Her sketchbooks were on show and the work in them was amazing. So much colour and so many ideas. This lady is a great loss to the world of embroidery and colour and I extend my condolences to all who mourn her.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

artisbliss said...

Oh no! This post made me realize I have totally forgotten about Kate's ATC!!! I'll have to remedy that and send it off with many apologies.