I bet you're thinking "Oh no! Not her again! Does she never shut up??!!" Hehehehe!
Anyway, I can't wait any longer! I've finished the wallhanging I told you about here and I think it's safe to show you as I doubt that our friends will be looking at my blog before we see them tomorrow.
The eventual arrangement of images and lace differs quite a bit from my original thoughts. I laid some of the images on background fabrics to frame them. (Don't look at the wonky lace!)
I decided that some hand stitching was needed and I used feather stitch and seeding stitch as you can see above. I also used lines of straight stitching to suggest waves on the top panel which you can see on the finished piece below.
Once I was sure I had finished the hand sewing I backed the wallhanging on a taupe coloured linen and machined a zigzag three times round the edge to hold it all together. I was going to hand couch a cord round the edge but I decided after machine stitching that this wasn't needed. The shamrock embellishments were painted with inks and ended up stitched on at the bottom (more wonkyness!). I've sewn two linen tabs on at the top and at the moment a cinnamon stick is providing the hanger.
I've really enjoyed making this wallhanging, although I did have a nasty moment yesterday when I dismantled the hook race (otherwise known as the bobbin casing) on my machine and couldn't get it back together again. The air was blue! I nearly rang Gina! Then I had dinner and tried again. This time I put the things in the right way round! Bingo! VBG. Mind you, I am now having the 'collywobbles' wondering if my friend will like it. I hope it's not too twee.