Wednesday 23 April 2008

This sculpture, one of many dispersed around Sneem, is by Vivienne Roche and commemorates Cearbhall o Dalagh, President of Ireland from 1974 - 1976, whose funeral was held in Sneem.




These 3 views are in the Killarney National Park from the viewpoint known as Ladies' View. As with many things the name is said to come from a visit by Queen Victoria and her Ladies-in-Waiting. That reminds me, I believe the Ring of Kerry only became known by that name after the Prince of Wales (Queen Victoria's son) first made the circular tour. (Correct me if I'm wrong!)




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Robin Mac said...

All those lovely photos Julie, what a wonderful time you have had. I have spent all my spare time this evening reading your blog - not time left to strt up my own blog again!!! There is always tomorrow. Cheers, Robin