Saturday 11 August 2007

Saturday again

My friend Ann and I finally managed to get out to a local gallery today to see an exhibition by C & G embroidery students. It was held in a small gallery in Corby Glen, a local village. The gallery is on the top floor of the building shown above and all exhibitions are free to enter. The resident caretaker and his wife keep a beautiful garden as you can see. (sorry blogger won't enlarge the pic)

I did take some photographs but I do not have anyone's permission to use them on the net so I do not feel able to put them up. However, there was a very beautiful flower head on a plant in the gallery. Unfortunately there was no label to tell me what it is and I was so excited by the flower that I didn't take much notice of the leaves. Tsk tsk.
Arn't the colours and textures of these flowers wonderful? I like the bits (very technical!) that trail down and can see possibilities for fibre work. (If you want to use the pic for your own inspiration please go ahead).

No comments: